2020 is shaping up to be a year of staycations and road trips for those who want to/can travel. And even while you need to keep six feet away from your friends and family, you can still find creative ways to see the people you care about, even if it’s just to wave to them. The question is: If not at their home, where should you meet them? An all-time reader-favorite website can help…
How many times have you or a friend, family member or colleague said, “Let’s meet halfway”? Countless times, I bet. The problem is that it’s not always easy to figure out a fair and great halfway point. Instead of guessing, you can head straight to whatshalfway.com and input your two starting points. You can use addresses, cities or zip codes and it’s not limited to the United States. Next, you select the venue type: “Accommodation,” “Food & Drink,” “Restaurant,” “Bar,” “Café,” “Take Away,” “Night Life,” “Fun & Family,” “Cultural,” “Shopping,” “Transport,” and—if you can’t decide—their “Inspire me” tab.
The site will then find the exact halfway point by time or distance and bring up multiple options for meeting up. It’s helpful for planning road trips, too, as it will show you places to stop for the night.
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,712!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.