Manhattan Beach is one of Southern California’s coastal gems, conveniently located just four miles from LAX. (If you have a long layover at LAX, here’s how to spend a fun-filled day in Manhattan Beach.) If you’re staying a little longer and need a place to stay, look no further than the recently opened Westdrift Manhattan Beach.
The Westdrift Manhattan Beach is a beachy boutique hotel (part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection) that has everything you need to enjoy a SoCal getaway. Here’s why we love it:
There are no hotels directly on the beach in Manhattan Beach so wherever you stay, you’ll be inland. From the Westdrift, you’ll probably drive or hop into an Uber to get to the beach (about 10 minutes) but it’s conveniently located within easy walking distance to great restaurants and tons of shopping. Psst: Randy’s Donuts (an outpost of LA’s iconic donut shop) is a six-minute walk across the street. You’re welcome.
2 The Design
If you’re into design, you’ll appreciate all the thoughtful touches you find throughout the hotel. The somewhat staid exterior belies what you’ll find inside. Overall, the hotel interior has an industrial-chic vibe but with a totally California-cool edge. The lobby is bright, airy and filled with light and you’ll see unique artwork by painter Eric Zener throughout the property. The Argentine driftwood reception desk plays to the name of the hotel, while the towering wooden columns are a nod to the famous Manhattan Beach Pier. Playful elements, like the shuffleboard table in the lobby and the twinkly lights that illuminate the hotel’s backyard patio add just the right amount of charm.
3 The Rooms
The rooms at the Westdrift Manhattan Beach continue the industrial chic/California cool theme found in the lobby in simple but striking ways. Inspired by its coastal setting, the rooms are tranquil with a soothing neutral color palette accented with pops of aqua. The bathrooms are spacious and feature Malin + Goetz bath products.
4 The Golf Course
If golf is your game, then this hotel is for you! Tucked behind the hotel are 1200+ yards of golfing greens ideal for any skill level. Open seven days a week from sunrise to sunset, this 9-hole, par 3 course offers guests a gorgeous way to spend a Southern California day. There’s also a putting green, a program for junior players, golf lessons and a rental shop to gear up.
5 Focus on Fitness
Sure, the best way to stay in shape in California is to get outside and be active. But if you want to squeeze a workout in before heading outdoors, the hotel has a great gym with cardio equipment and free weights to get your blood pumping. The outdoor pool is heated and has poolside cabanas to relax in when you’re done your laps. The hotel also offers bike rentals so you can get some exercise while exploring the local area.
6 Dining Options
The on-property restaurant, Jute Coastal Bar and Kitchen, is a stylish but laidback place to grab breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails. The indoor/outdoor restaurant concept takes a communal dining approach with large tables, perfect for making new friends. The outdoor patio overlooks the sprawling golf course. If you’re looking for something a bit different, there are tons of restaurants nearby to visit or have food delivered to your room. Nearby restaurants include Shake Shack, Chin Chin, Tender Greens, Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, Il Fornaio, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar and countless others.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.