This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Western Digital (WD) is known for making great digital hard disk drives and there are two products that travelers will love (Full disclosure: They sent me a catalog and I chose the two below since they’re ideal for getting out and documenting the world.)
If you take a ton of photos or videos like me, chances are your laptop can’t hold them all – especially from that trip from a year or more ago like me. If that’s the case, then you will seriously want to consider getting the My Passport SSD. Depending how much storage you need, you can get it in 500GB, 1TB, 2TB or 4TB ($119.99 – $679.99). Most important, it’s easy to use, password enabled and is.blazing fast (giving you read speeds of up to 1050MB/s and write speeds of up to 1000MB/s with NVMe technology). It’s also sleek, with a durable metal design that comes in silver, gray, blue, red, and gold.
The other great product is the SanDisk Extreme PRO SD UHS-II Card. If you’re shooting pics and vids with something other than your phone, then you definitely need a reliable, high-performance and large SD card that can hold it all. It’s really amazing what these tiny masterpieces can store. Up to 128GB, which is half the capacity of what my 13-inch laptop can store. Prices range from $54.99 – $164.99, which is well worth something that can “seamlessly capture uninterrupted cinema-quality 8K, 4K and Full HD video. These speed ratings make them ideal for professionals recording extreme sports and other fast-action events.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.