This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
My whole family has been sick and when I couldn’t find the kids’ infrared thermometer I went digging for mine in my carry-on bag. That reminded me that I need to do my yearly edit of my mini first aid kit, which I always have packed in my carry-on bag.
If you travel frequently, it’s a good idea to have a travel first-aid kit always packed and ready to go. I keep mine in my carry-on bag so that when it’s time to pack, I don’t have to pack everything over and over again, item by item. But, it’s smart to check your kit regularly and make sure that you replace anything you may have used up and to make sure that nothing is expired.
I thought you might be interested in what I always have packed in my travel first-aid kit. I’ve listed everything below but you can also check out all the items here on Amazon. And you can check out a more exhaustive list prepared by the CDC here.
-Tylenol (this is key if you develop a fever)
–A pocket thermometer
-Antibiotics (ask your doctor for a prescription)
-An inhaler (I used to have asthma)
-These Italian cough drops you can get on Amazon
–Pulse oximeter (I added this at the start of the pandemic and used it for the first time this week. It’s great to have and know when your oxygen levels drop)
-Polysporin or other antibiotic cream
-Sterile gauze pads
-PCR Covid test
-Covid antigen test
You can get most of this on the road, but why wait? And trust me: When you get sick you’re going to wish you had packed all of this stuff before you left home. Here’s a variety of pre-packed first aid kits you can buy on Amazon but they might not have everything you need.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.