My biggest beefs with sleeping in hotels are: the pillows are too bulky or the bedspreads are too heavy. For the latter, I usually call down to the front desk and ask for light blanket, and that does the trick.
However, for the pillow situation, not all hotels offer a variety of pillow shapes and styles (especially the budget hotels). I don’t travel with a pillow from home since I never have enough room in my bag, but a solution dawned on me the other day while walking through Walmart (pictured above). As long as you’re traveling where there are major stores like Walmart, Target and Costco, you can simply buy a pillow for cheap. I’m talking under $5, so makes sense to buy one you like and use only for your stay. You can then bring the new pillow home, leave it at the hotel or donate to a local shelter.
Have you tried this? Would you?
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,225!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.