When people ask me where the most beautiful beaches in the world are, I give them three answers: Whitehaven Beach in Australia, Florida’s west coast and the island of Anguilla. Anguilla is also one of the few Caribbean islands where I would like to live, since it’s so beautiful and safe.
When I found out my friend and fellow travel blogger Shannon Kircher, originally from California, is now also working as a hotelier in Anguilla at the Frangipani Beach Resort, I asked her to come on my show. Shannon’s been living on Anguilla since 2013 so she has a lot of knowledge. I asked her all kinds of questions about what it’s like to live and travel there, especially during COVID-19. You can watch my interview on YouTube or listen to the Podcast.
Then just yesterday, Anguilla tourists received some great news about a new vacation bubble. According to the press release: Until now, travelers to Anguilla were only able to access the beach directly in front of their accommodations while in the island’s required 10- to 14-day vacation bubble. However with the development of the new Meads Bay Bubble, in-bubble guests staying at partnering properties Bella Blu, Carimar Beach Club, Frangipani Beach Resort, Kishti Villas, Meads Bay Beach Villas, Nathan’s Cove, The Beach House, Tranquility Beach Anguilla Resort and Turtle’s Nest Beach Resort can swim, kayak, walk and run the beach between Frangipani Beach Resort and Carimar Beach Club.
Guests can also make advance reservations through their concierge and stroll down the sand for breakfast, lunch, drinks or dinner at participating restaurants Straw Hat, Blanchards and Blanchards Beach Shack. Resort and villa staff are readily available to escort in-bubble restaurant diners to and from their Meads Bay Beach accommodations or arrange transportation.
Under Anguilla’s wider activity bubble, Meads Bay Bubble guests may also safely enjoy favorite pastimes such as golfing, boating, snorkeling and fishing and dine at other restaurants on Meads Bay, around the island and on offshore cays. Required advance reservations and transportation are arranged by the respective resort’s concierge. After a second negative PCR test at the end of the 10 or 14 days, guests are cleared to rent a car and roam the beach and island on their own – and will find Meads Bay the ideal jumping-off point for exploring Anguilla.
Travelers can visit the partners’ websites (below) to learn about available amenities, services and any current promotions. Information on Anguilla’s new pre-approval entry process, testing schedule and guided bubble can be found on the Anguilla Tourist Board’s website at www.ivisitanguilla.com/escape.
Participating properties in the Meads Bay Beach bubble
- Bella Blu – www.bellabluanguilla.com
- Blanchards & Blanchards Beach Shack Restaurants – www.BlanchardsRestaurant.com
- Carimar Beach Club – www.carimar.com
- Frangipani Beach Resort – www.frangipaniresort.com
- Kishti Villas – www.villakishticollection.com
- Meads Bay Beach Villas – www.meadsbaybeachvillas.com
- Nathan’s Cove – www.nathanscove.com
- Straw Hat Restaurant – www.strawhat.com
- The Beach House – www.littleharbourestates.com/the-beach-house
- Tranquility Beach Anguilla Resort – www.tranquilitybeachanguilla.com
- Turtle’s Nest Beach Resort – www.turtlesnestanguilla.com
Shannon Kircher is a hotelier, travel advisor, and travel blogger. Shannon has served as the Marketing and Communications Director at Frangipani Beach Resort in Anguilla since 2013 where she’s worked on marketing in addition to guest relations, corporate social responsibility, and other resort initiatives.
In addition, Shannon is the founder of The Wanderlust Effect, a travel blog founded in 2009 with a focus on travel within the luxury boutique space and with an experiential focus. She is also the founder and luxury travel advisor behind Compass & Vine, a boutique travel design firm crafting immersive experiences for discerning travelers around the globe. Shannon holds an MSc in Social Policy and Development from the London School of Economics and is currently completing the WSET Level 3 in Wines and Spirits.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.