LAX airport officials are warning passengers to get to the airport 2.5 hours early for domestic travel and 3.5 hours for international. I think that’s good advice if you’re flying out of a large airport and don’t have elite status or CLEAR.
However, if you do have elite status and/or TSA Pre or CLEAR, then you can probably show up a little later. But it all depends on the size of the airport, what security lanes are open and your risk level.
The most important thing to know is that if you miss your flight, you probably won’t get on the next one since planes are full. Airlines have cut capacity so there are not as many seats as there used to be.
If you do miss your flight, you will most likely be responsible for purchasing a new one and you most certainly won’t get a good seat since most flights are full and there’s nowhere to put you.
As the saying goes, it’s better to be safe than sorry so show up to the airport early.
More Summer Air Travel Tips
–My Number 1 and 2 Tips For Being Treated Like A Rock Star On Flights
–8 Ways To Make Sure An Airline Doesn’t Lose Your Bag … And That You Don’t Get Robbed or Stalked
–How To Reach an Airline’s Reservations Agent Without Waiting
–How To Get CLEAR For Cheap
–How to Get TSA PreCheck & Global Entry Access for Free
–How To Find Out If The TSA PreCheck Lane Will Be Open When You Travel
–What to Do: Weather Delays and Flight Cancellations
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.