Last night I was supposed to attend a fun industry event and all attendees were required to download the CLEAR app and upload their CDC vaccination card (similar to traveling to Hawaii). I downloaded it months ago and then entered the unique event code they sent.
One of the standard survey questions is: In the past 10 days have you experienced any of the following new or worsening symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, persistent cough, runny nose, loss of taste or smell)? See screenshot below.
Of course, I answered this question ‘yes’ because I had a fever nine days ago (I wrote about my symptoms here) so it flagged my Attendee Health Pass, which uses your photo and a QR entry code. It’s supposed to have a green border but mine was flashing red so I knew I was going to be denied entry.
I was very disappointed since I was 99% sure I didn’t have COVID-19 as I just tested last week and my daughter was tested two days ago and I haven’t been anywhere except a quick trip to the grocery store.
I contacted the organizers, who said I could still go if I got another COVID-19 test but I only had a few hours until the event and didn’t have time to run out to get a test.
Moral of the story: Keep some rapid COVID-19 tests at home (you can buy them on Amazon or any pharmacy).
It was too bad I didn’t get to go to the event but I understand that this is the new normal and I’m okay with it as long as we stop the spread of viruses.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.