Every once in a while you see cases of why you really should delete your cookies or switch internet browsers when booking travel online. Last night, I was pricing out a ticket from Los Angeles to Las Vegas on February 27 on American Airlines’ website using Safari. I put the $159 round-trip ticket on hold since American Airlines let’s you do it for free for 24 hours.
Here’s where it gets interesting… I went back again today to buy some more time but that same round-trip ticket jumped $189. See below.
I decided to see if the price would be different if I used another web browser (Internet Explorer) since there would be no history of me ever being on the site. Sure enough the price went back to the original.
As you can see, just by switching browsers I saved almost $200! But don’t worry if you don’t have multiple browsers, you can just clear your cookies on your computer. Here’s a link that explains how you can do it on your type of computer.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.