With the 2014 Winter Games coming up fast, Vermont’s Lake Morey Resort is stepping in with the chance to get in the Olympic spirit ahead of time! In the latest (last-minute!) JohnnyJet.com contest, one lucky reader and family will win a two-night package at the resort for its first annual Ice Sports University (ISU) Weekend two weekends from now—January 24-26—in Fairlee, VT. The prize package, which you can enter at the bottom of this page, will include:
- Two nights’ accommodation in a deluxe room at Lake Morey Resort
- Four ISU passes (2 adult and 2 children) for all scheduled workshops and competition (with the choice of three activities)
- Dinner Friday and Saturday
- Breakfast Saturday and Sunday
- Equipment (except helmets) provided on-site
To get you more excited, here’s a little more info on the Ice Sports University Weekend:
Nestled in between the Green and White Mountains above the Connecticut River, Lake Morey Resort is more than 100 years old with third generation family ownership. During its inaugural ISU Weekend, guests of all ages and athletic abilities can learn to curl, Nordic skate, play pond hockey, ice fish, snowshoe and Nordic ski. With its own 600-acre lake providing the icy playground for the weekend’s festivities, the resort will have instructors on-hand giving one-hour lessons on Saturday morning and afternoon, culminating with a friendly competition from 3 pm to 4 pm for those who wish to try their new skills in action. Prizes and participation “diplomas” will be awarded during a fun Graduation Ceremony on Sunday morning.
Throughout the weekend, the resort’s complimentary 120-seat indoor movie theater will be streaming classic Olympic and winter-sports-themed movies, and a variety of other indoor activities are available for “ice widows and widowers,” from swimming and table tennis, to massages and other treatments in the resort’s Waters Spa. On Friday and Saturday evening, guests can enjoy live entertainment in the Steamboat Lounge, and the Lake Morey Beer Master will offer a variety of specialty brews on tap.
Here’s how to enter:
Use the form below to sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for additional entries. If you are already a subscriber/follower, just check the appropriate boxes. You can also use the form to like Lake Morey Resort on Facebook for another entry—and for one last entry, you can agree to send out a preset tweet noting that you’ve entered to win.
The contest will run one week, and it’s last-minute!
With the ISU Weekend—and so the dates the prize must be redeemed—just two weekends away, the circumstances around this contest are unique. Unlike most JohnnyJet.com contests, this one will run from Wednesday, January 8th for one week through midnight PST on
Tuesday, January 14, 2014. Travel arrangements must be confirmed by that Friday, January 17, so make sure to think about who you might take as soon as you enter!
The fine print:
All official rules apply. Also, the total value of the prize package is $858 and it can only be used during ISU Weekend, January 24th, 25th and 26th. Prize bookings must must be made by Friday, January 17th. During booking, the winner will choose three activities in which to participate during scheduled workshops. Choices include curling, Nordic skating, pond hockey, ice fishing, snowshoeing and Nordic skiing.
Good luck, and go USA at Sochi 2014!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.