Today, LoungeBuddy—the free app that tells you everything you need to know about airport lounges—is launching a first-of-its-kind service: the ability to book airport lounge access through an iPhone.
With the new LoungeBuddy, you won’t have to hold status with airlines, or have booked a certain class of ticket, or any of that to escape the airport chaos inside a lounge. All you’ll have to do is open the app, scroll through the lounge options available in your airport, and tap-tap-tap your way to a booking.
As of today, 26 lounges are available in the US and UK through the app, with many more scheduled to follow soon. Here’s the US list as it stands on December 18, 2014:
Bookable US lounges as of of 12/18/2014
ATL — Minute Suites , Concourse B
DFW — Minute Suites, Terminal D
PHL — Minute Suites, Terminal A/B
ANC — Alaska Airlines Board Room, South. Concourse C
LAX — Alaska Airlines Board Room, Terminal 6
PDX — Alaska Airlines Board Room, Concourse C
SEA — Alaska Airlines Board Room, Concourse D
To celebrate the release, LoungeBuddy is offering a few exclusives to Johnny Jet readers: first, a $10 credit (for all readers) towards your first lounge purchase through the promo code below, and second, two $100 credits to be awarded to two lucky winners!
Part 1: Get $10 LoungeBuddy credit
The first part is easy. Once you have the LoungeBuddy app (free to download), just visit this page to see how to use a LoungeBuddy promo code, and enter the Johnny Jet promo code below. (Note: You must be using iOS7 or later to use the code.)
Promo code for $10 LoungeBuddy credit: johnnyjet
Part 2: Win one of two $100 LoungeBuddy credits
The second part—also easy. Use the form below to enter your name and sign up for my newsletter. If you’re already a subscriber, just check the appropriate box. Then, leave your answer to the question below in the comments section. At the end of the contest period, we’ll pick two entrants (who’ve entered through the form and left an answer) as our two winners!
What holiday travel stresses most make you want to escape to an airport lounge?
The contest will run from today, Thursday, December 18, 2014 until midnight (PT) on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 (New Year’s Eve).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.