Day four on Windstar’s Star Pride took us to my dad’s favorite port, Monte Carlo! Monaco is located on the French Riviera in western Europe. It’s bordered by France on three sides, with one side bordering the Mediterranean Sea. Its center is about 16 kilometers from Italy and is only 13 kilometers northeast of Nice, France. My dad’s lifelong dream was to go to Le Casino and this trip he was able to tick it off the ol’ bucket list!
Fortunately, I’ve been to Monte Carlo several times (here’s my 16 Reasons to Visit Monaco) so I made a phone call to my PR friends at Monte-Carlo SBM and they arranged one of the most incredible lunches we’ve ever had. It was at Monte-Carlo Beach Hotel’s Elsa Restaurant. Chef Paolo Sari uses all organic and locally sourced ingredients in his cuisine, influenced by the foods of both the French and Italian Rivieras. Last time I was here I had the golden risotto and would you believe it actually had gold leaf in it?! This time his creations looked so good I didn’t know if I should eat them or hang them on the wall (see photos below).
Good to know: Since most cruise ships internet is really slow and expensive go to Stars’ N’ Bars and sit at the bar and order a drink (I had a 2euro coffee) and use their free WiFi (you won’t be the only one). During the day it’s quiet but at night it’s loud and crowded.
Warning: Do NOT get suckered like I did and purchase the Monaco Telecom WiFi which was showing up in my cabin when we docked. I spent almost an hour trying to get it work and then to get my money refunded. Their representative said it was all taken care of but the $19 fee is still on my credit card.
Electric Ferry: Since my dad can’t walk that much we cut across the harbor in Monaco’s electric solar ferry (2 euro per person). It operates 7 days a week to both harbor shorelines of the “Port Hercule”, from the “Quai Kennedy” to the land strip “Fort Antoine” and back, every 20 minutes starting at 8 am to 7:50pm. The service is suspended in bad weather conditions.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.