Windy was launched by a Swiss man named Ivo. He describes himself as an addicted kiter, helicopter and jet pilot who seeks the wind, waves, METARs, and powder snow almost constantly. Since programming is his passion, he coded the website (at the time called Windyty) in 2014. He says the original version was inspired by products of Swiss company Meteoblue and another project called “Earth” that displayed animated wind particles on the globe.
Since then, Ivo has completely rewritten the open source codes of “Earth” and arranged an agreement with Meteoble. The result is one of the best and most comprehensive weather tools on the internet. Windy has a beautiful interface and many layers, all representing dynamic atmospheric and weather conditions. For more info or to get the free Windy app, we featured it as our Travel App of the Week here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.