Windy was launched by a Swiss man named Ivo. He describes himself as an addicted kiter, helicopter and jet pilot who seeks the wind, waves, METARs, and powder snow almost constantly. Since programming is his passion, he coded the website (at the time called Windyty) in 2014. He says the original version was inspired by products of Swiss company Meteoblue and another project called “Earth” that displayed animated wind particles on the globe.
Since then, Ivo has completely rewritten the open source codes of “Earth” and arranged an agreement with Meteoble. The result is one of the best and most comprehensive weather tools on the internet. Windy has a beautiful interface and many layers, all representing dynamic atmospheric and weather conditions. For more info or to get the free Windy app, we featured it as our Travel App of the Week here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.