Are you looking for a way to see the world while giving back to the local community? Tourism can provide many benefits to a local economy. However, “overtourism” can have a negative effect on local ecosystems and neighborhoods. Now there’s a way you can travel while helping others on the local level in over 170 countries.
Whether you travel to Europe, Africa, Asia, or the Americas, Worldpackers lets you make a positive impact while enjoying travel.
How Worldpackers Works
You can book the following types of trips to volunteer abroad:
- Work exchange: Trade your skills to pay for accommodations
- Social impact: Volunteer in NGOs, schools, and social projects
- Eco impact: Work in eco-villages, farms, permaculture
You can browse listing by region or country. Each Worldpackers listing shows what’s required of you (i.e. the number of working hours per week or required skills) and what your host offers (i.e, type of lodging, meals, days off each week).
Some opportunities are only available for solo travelers while others are open to couples and friends. Adults of almost any age can apply although certain listings are only open to a specific age group.
Stays can last from only a few days up to several months. You will need to pay for your own transportation and fees for incidental expenses. Your host will usually provide lodging, meals, and other small amenities.
Once you find an opportunity you like, create a verified WorldPackers community member profile. Next, apply for the excursions that interest you to schedule an interview with the host. If you’re a good fit, pack your bags and get ready to see the world a little differently.
An annual Worldpackers subscription costs $49 a year.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.